Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cooking with ME!

Okay so everyone knows I love to bake.. and craft and cook... So I am going to start blogging a few of my favorite recipes! So here it is my first post, not because it is my favorite (although it is soooo yummy), just because its what I am making as an app for dinner! I took pictures to help with a visual.. I like visual things.

Jalapeno poppers: first brought to my liking from Zach's step dad Dion, he passed the recipe down to us and now we make them..

You will need:
-2 Pounds Jalapenos
-1 Cup milk
-1 Tube Jimmy Dean sausage
-1 Block Cream cheese
-1 Pound bacon.. (I like to use good bacon from the butcher block at the store)

Step 1: Cut the tops off the Jalapenos

Step 2: Gut out the jalapenos. I have a special tool but you could use a knife and a skinny spoon, which ever you perfer. IMPORTANT: Make sure to get ALL seeds out of the jalapenos, the seeds are what make them super spicy. 

Step 3: This step is if you dont want them as spicy. I fill up my sink with cold water, then a cup of milk to help cure the spice, I let them sit about a half hour. 

Step 4: Cook the sausage in a pan on the stove top. I like to make sure there is no pink anywhere by the time I am done cooking, although you will bake them at the end I just am a freak about raw meat! Preheat oven to 415 degrees.

Step 5: Put your cream cheese in a large bowl and put in the microwave for about 30 to 40 seconds to get it soft. 

Step 6: Combine the cream cheese and the sausage in the bowl and mix well.
Step 7: Cut the bacon strips in half.

Step 8: Stuff the jalapenos with the mixture and then wrap the bacon, and skew it with a tooth pick. Put onto tray, I have one specially for jalapenos but its not necessary. 

Step 9: Bake for about 30 minutes, I would check on them, depends on what bacon you buy. Once the bacon is cooked they are done! Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. 1. You are so cute.
    2. YUM.
    3. Come over here and make them. Please.

    ReplyDelete