Tuesday, April 3, 2012

3,025 miles. 48.2 hours. 12 states.

As of a couple days ago my brother (Michael) has accepted a job in New York. This is a big change for our family. Neither Michael nor I have ever lived more then 4 hours away from our parents or each other. For me I think fear, tears, alone, 8,391,881 people, but this is where my brother and I differ. He thinks happiness, change, opportunities, joy, adventure, smiles, 8,391,881 people who I could help change their lives. My brother has been working with the LGBT non profits since he was 17, a couple years ago took the lead position of GALA San Luis Obispo, being their youngest president in the history of San Luis's GALA. For the past 3 years he has done the AIDS life cycle, which is 7 days of bicycling from San Francisco to Los Angels. In September of 2011 he became a full time working coordinator for ALC and loved it. Now, in a month he will be taking on a 7 month position in New York, as a Ride Manager. I would like to take a moment and say I am so proud to call him my brother. I am lucky to have had someone in my life to teach me from the moment I was born to "Never try to fit in, because you were born to stand out!" He has taught me to fight for what I believe in even if other people think its a joke, never let someone tell you that you cant because you can do what ever you set your mind to. When everyone is saying you cant, prove to them you can. Although I don't see my brother every day, or every week I will miss that I can't just hop in my car and be there in a couple hours. I am so proud of you Michael Beck and so incredibly thankful that God has blessed me to have such an amazing man in my life. I love you so much and I hope you enjoy the next chapter in your life, you deserve it.





2 comments:

  1. Maegann...yes, you are blessed ..but Michael is blessed as well by having a loving, caring sister like you .. I know how proud you are of him and I know you will miss him .. You are both amazing young people and I am proud of you both.
    ♥ Elizabeth - the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another sweet post Maeg! I can't believe he will be so far away, but I agree, he will do so well. I love you both SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete