Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Projects on cold days.

Today I had a project set in with a wine cabinet that my Mom decided to give us, and a dresser that Zach's Dad gave us. I had a some what of a vision of what I wanted to do and THANKFULLY my aunt is totally artistic, and came over today to help me an hour and a half later BOOM it was done! She is so awesome (Thank you Aunt Tanya!)  so here are some before and after pictures of our ugly wine cabinet and ugly dresser!  

Obviously before



... And after. 

7 comments:

  1. Very nice, is that a stain or paint"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gel stain! So awesome, I love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to be like my Mom does to me and comment on every one of your posts...lucky you :)

    This looks so good! Love the dark stain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I am going to ask you another question...it looks like the original wood was a varnished oak ? How did you prep it before you put on the stain ? And what brand is the gel stain ? Thanks Maegann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did no prep! That's the amazing part! I don't remember what kind of gel stain, it's a little can and it's about 15$ and it lasts so long! Great thing to buy if you ever want to match all your furniture!

      Delete
  5. They look great! Your auntie can turn anything into something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete